Saturday, May 14, 2011

1/20 Laputa: Castle in the Sky Robot Soldier (Battle Ver.) Review

Already released, Price: 3,800 Yen
Order page at HLJ, click here
This review is completed me!

When I saw this open up for preorder, I knew that I had to have it.
This model is produced by Finemolds, and is a 1/20 Sky Robot Soldier (Battle Ver.) from the movie Laputa: Castle in the Sky that was created by Hayao Miyazaki in 1986.

I love the box art

There are a total of 10 runners, with 132 pieces. Including Pazu

I loved the way that they created the arms so the entire thing is flexible. Each segment is one piece of plastic with the internal parts inside that connect to one another creating an internal skeleton. The hand is two pieces, the palm and the back of the hand.   

It pivits around the wrist part but I am having a problem where it is too lose where it snaps together. It spins way to easy. 

The arm has great flex with the skeletal system. Just be careful when pushing the pieces together that you don't snap them. A few times I thought I did but was lucky.


The legs are shorter then the arms but are built the same way as the arms. 

Has plenty of flex in it as well

The head is on a ball joint and you can have the head tilt to the left or right.


Pretty much the only way for this to be displayed is standing straight up. The model is top heavy with the body and such and the legs are narrow with small feet. You can't really pose it another way without it tipping over. The hands that touch the surface though adds extra support for it to stand. 






I tried to get him to reach out much like the scene where one reaches out with a flower in his fingers but since the arm is too long and heavy the shoulder joint can't hold it and it swings down somewhat. 


There is a little red clear part that goes in the chest where the emblem of the Royal Family of Laputa goes.


"Want a hug?"

"Oh, oh pick me!!"

The sky robot soldier is about the same size as a regular Master Grade Gundam Model from Bandai.

"Would you like fries with that?"

So overall the model was a fun build. I started and completed it earlier this morning and got the pictures in so I could post today. This was my first Finemolds model and I enjoyed the build. The detail on the plastic is great and honestly looks great on the desk without paint but if I can find the right colors and time I will give it a paint job. I find the price quite a lot for the amount of pieces. I feel that it is a high grade model almost but maybe it's a Finemolds thing. Over all, I am enjoying looking at the model. Always been a fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work and design. Finemolds created a great model that came out pretty faithful to the film. Other the fact that I can't do hardly any poses I say it is a get. I might just be a little biased haha

    

No comments:

Post a Comment